Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Yay for Pictures!!!

Ruins on top of the hill by the Elias Monastery - it used to be a battleground between Jordan and Israel.


A bloomin' almond tree and view from the top of Nabi Samwil (a church/mosque/synagogue dedicated to the Prophet Samuel)


Look who I found!


Great light inside the Nabi Samwil building.


Me and my domicile.


"Mormons" in the Old City


Pretty Dresses, Kira! You can't walk 10 feet in the Old City without seeing something beautiful to buy.


The Kidron Valley. I love this place!

Me and Diana, my roomie, in the Kidron Valley. She accidentally knocked down a 1,000 year old walll right after this picture was taken......just kidding.....



A bunch of us on the Sabbath at the Church of All Nations Garden of Gethsemane

Me in the Orson Hyde Park, overlooking the Kidron Valley, the Old City and the Dome of the Rock.

A lovely grassy slope inside the Jerusalem Center. It goes down to a terrace that overlooks the city.
The Dome of the Rock in the Old City, as seen from Orson Hyde Park, across the Kidron Valley.


So these are just a few of my pictures - just to give you a small taste of the sites here. Thanks for the support. Much love, Allison

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! im jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dresses, Allie - what color do you think would look good on me? Aunt Katheryn

    P.S. Sorry for not realizing how the blog works - I kept checking, but saw nothing new. Thought it'd be like Facebook. Obviously, I have much to learn. I'd probably be quicker if I were wearing one of those pretty dresses...

    ReplyDelete