Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pictures from Galilee and Petra!!! sans explanations, for now...

Sandstone! We had to scale the sheer faces of many cliffs to find this. Do I sound tough? I think those are little sheep poos on the ground.
Awkward camel.
"The Treasury." Porbably a tomb. I have lots of other awesome pictures too. This is a tiny fraction of a fraction of what is there. Carved out of the side of a mountain!!!
Aqueduct
Sunset at Galilee, Tiberias on the other side.
Elizabeth being clever.
Golan Heights. Home sweet home.
Beth Shean! Don't worry, we were totally SAFE as we dangled our feet over a the edge of some ruins...like 20 feet up.
Seriously, I wanna move here.
In all fairness, that water was so ridiculously cold. Judge-free zone.
Again, I wanna move here. (Golan Heights)
I'm sailing! I sail. I'm a sailor. Ahoy!
The Sea of Galilee
Church of the Anunciation in Bethlehem - the Catholic one, anyway.
Arches! It's the remains of an aqueduct leading to Caesarea Maritima.
The beach at Caesarea Maritima has not sand - just shells.
People do it here too. Tel Aviv. Mediterranean. So cool.
Globe-trotting sandals.
Bummer. Check facebook for a new video.

2 comments:

  1. You make it really hard to choose which of your pictures to select for my desktop background. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheer awesomeness! (shear?) Are you a gymnast or something?

    ReplyDelete