Saturday, February 20, 2010

Aloha.

So, I was missin' Hawai'i a bit...
Hey, it's Elizabeth, my bedfellow!
I hope you can see where this is going...
So, I've been missing science classes....

We needed an experiment...
...and a snack.

Happy Valentine's Day!


This is the awesome, creepy Valentine I made for my secret Valentine. Yes, that is a bag made out of a corset. Yes, I made it myself. No, he didn't get it. (Like, understand it. No, I didn't decide to keep it....although, I might have to try to steal it back....)

I find that some things don't need explanations. This is one.
So is this!
This too!
But maybe this does. Creepy Valentine that my roommate got. Great pick-up line, yeah?


City of David Field Trip



Yo!
End of Hezekiah's Tunnel - the fake Pool of Siloam.
This is backward...(BLOGGER!!!!)...but here we've arrived at the end of the tunnel.
I got left in the tunnel....alone.....with a camera. It's really dark inside.
Hezekiah's Tunnel!!! So great. This is how the water gets from the Gihon Spring to the Pool of Siloam.
Remains of a house at the City of David excavation site. Can you find the toilet?
Olive wood carvings in Omar's store. I like 'em.


Back to Valentine's!! This store went all out!



That was all a bit mixed up. The past few weeks and the next few weeks we are in the classroom all the time. My hebrew script is getting awesome. I can write secret notes in class. We go on field trips every Monday, so tomorrow we'll go and you'll probably hear about it by the end of the week....hopefully sooner.
It's getting warmer! Yay!
Oh, I forgot that most of you haven't heard this. A couple weeks ago I lost my passport in the city. I'm not an idiot. I had it with me for a reason, but somehow it got away from me. For about a week I had to retrace my steps in the city, tear my room apart, and generally go crazy trying to figure out how to get a new one. Luckily I know a man who works for the US Consulate and he was very helpful in telling me what I needed to do...but it wasn't coming together until one morning about 5 days after I lost it. Suddenly I had a ride, new passport pictures and the time to go get a new one. Keep in mind that's $100 down the Jerusalem drain! So, I got to the Consulate and after waiting and waiting, I got to a window, handed the man my application and photos and as he was gluing the picture to the paper, he paused and said, "I think we have your passport. Someone turned one in here this morning." What?! Whoa! So, a few tense minutes later, I was called up to another window, where they handed me my passport and assured me that THIS NEVER HAPPENS!!!! So, I'm being looked out for!! It's a miracle. There is a God in Israel! And His timing is quite amazing, even if you have to live through a few very stressful hours or days.
All for now. Take care and be good!

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing, Allie. What a terrific blessing. So nice to have such a blatant reminder of His love for you, and His knowledge of the little details of your life. Tender mercy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that your blog and myself have a love hate relationship. I laugh every time I look at it and read the crazy things that happen in where ever you are whenever you write. However, it gives me a George Bailey moment every now and then so I can only take it in small doses. It looks like you are having a blast. Keep it up! Come what may and love it all! Oh, it might help if your blog thing wasn't it Chinese, it makes it hard to leave comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're learning to write in Hebrew?! Wow!

    I love the ninja turtle yamakah (sp?).

    I don't hate you for having all those wonderful experiences and seeing all those amazing sites. I love you for sharing them with us!

    :D

    lia

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOOO???? Did the pineapple experiment end up? How many years does it take to grow a Pineapple tree? (HAHAHAHA)

    ReplyDelete